Updated: Feb 17, 2020

I was told by many people that as soon as the 1st trimester was over, the nausea would go and I would get this sudden burst of energy. This did not happen to me! I felt nauseated up until around week 17.

To get my mind off it, Nick and I decided to book a ‘Babymoon’, our last holiday before the baby arrives. We booked to go to Gran Canaria, as it was November and I wanted some sun. It was the perfect break away and much needed. It was lovely to spend a week not doing very much other than going for walks and sitting by the pool.

Soon after we got back from holiday I stopped feeling so rubbish all the time. It was awesome! It wasn’t exactly a ‘burst of energy’ but it felt like it. I managed to get some work done and booked in a few shoots, which was great.

The best thing about the 2nd trimester (apart from the holiday) was being able to feel the baby move! Initially it felt like small bubbles popping in your belly but as the weeks went by and the baby got bigger, the movements got stronger.

The 20 week scan came before we knew it! The appointment lasted a lot longer as the sonographer took his time checking the baby over, which was amazing! It was great to feel the little kicks and punches while seeing the baby moving on the screen. Nothing had changed from the last scan- the baby was still very wriggly! We even saw it suck it’s thumb! It was such a surreal experience. I didn’t want it to end! We decided not to find out the baby’s gender as I wanted it to be a surprise.

With the 2nd trimester came Christmas. Take a look at my blog about my last baby free Christmas here.

Being busy with Christmas and New Year meant the 2nd trimester flew by and before I knew it I was in my 3rd trimester!

In the 3rd trimester I had my baby shower to look forward to. Lucky for me, my sisters & sister in law had taken it upon themselves to organise it all. The only thing I had to worry about was finding something to wear, which surprisingly wasn’t as easy as I thought. My constantly changing body and not having many maternity stores in Leicester meant a very long day shopping! Luckily I did eventually come across the perfect dress. On the day, it was so nice to see all my friends and family there. Catching up with everyone made me realise how lucky I am to have such a great support system around me. Needless to say there were emotional times, but also a lot of laughs and fun games to celebrate the arrival of the baby. Take look at my Instagram and Facebook for some sneak peaks of the day!

I was happily going about my business in the 3rd trimester thinking, I don’t know what everyone was warning me about - I don’t feel tired. I’m sure I’ll be fine until the baby comes! So I carried on booking in meetings, and networking. And then one day it hit me! I had to spend a whole day in bed because I was just that tired. I realised that I needed to start slowing down. As the baby got bigger and heavier I would be completely out of breath by the time I got to my 3rd floor office. I had to keep reminding myself to take the stairs a lot slower than I was used to. Mentally I felt fine but physically that wasn’t the case.

As you might know already, my husband Nick is a project manager, and so he had taken it upon himself to ‘manage’ the pregnancy. There were and still is a lot of lists, spreadsheets and labelled drawers, from baby clothes to the hospital bag. His organisation skills meant that our hospital bag was prepped and ready to go at week 34! I’m secretly grateful as did i mention how tired I am getting?!

Now that I’m nearing the end of my 3rd trimester, the fatigue is constant, as is the heartburn. I think my body is training me for the sleepless nights I’ll have once the baby arrives, as I can’t seem to sleep through the night! Now we’re on the final countdown, I cannot wait for the baby to arrive and for all the baby cuddles!